Hospital Inspectors Section
The C.C.P.C.I. Hospital Inspector (Office of the Statewide Health Planning and Development Certified-OSHPD) Section is comprised of its members and three elected Directors. The Hospital Inspector Section, like the other C.C.P.C.I sections, is dedicated to promoting information exchange and training that benefits the inspection community and the OSHPD Certified Inspector of Record specifically.
The Section supports a strong ethics statement for its members. Through member collaboration the Hospital Inspector Section will monitor legislative and rule making activities which will affect the OSHPD Inspector of Record Community and shall promote and sponsor legislative activity that benefits the OSHPD Certified Inspectors of Record, the Healthcare Industry and all other Inspectors as a whole. The Hospital Inspector Sections' purpose is to be a positive voice for the Hospital Inspector industry.
2011 At-Large Directors: Maury MacKenzie, Mike Weiler, Don Williams
2010 California Administrative Code (CAC) Effective February 13, 2010
The Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB) was established by Senate Bill 519 (Alquist) in the original Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act of 1973.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- Advise the Director of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) on the administration of the Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act, and
- Act as a board of appeals with regard to seismic safety and fire and life safety issues relating to hospital facilities.
Sixteen board members are appointed by the Director of OSHPD from nominations submitted by professional associations, as specified in the Health and Safety Code, and three more are appointed as public members. Six statutory ex-officio members, representing state agencies whose programs interface with the hospital design and construction program, also sit on the Board. The Director has the authority to appoint three additional ex-officio members as desired. Appointed Board members serve 4-year terms with a maximum of two terms.
Board members maintain close contact with professional groups and important industry organizations to bring attention to changes and emerging issues occurring in the design and construction of health facilities in California.
The full Board meets on an as needed basis. Additionally, committee meetings are held throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public and interested parties are always welcome to attend.
Helpful Links for Hospital Inspectors, Contractors, Designers and Owners
- Research and/or verify certifications for the Office of the Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD) Certified Hospital Inspectors
- Access OSHPD Code Application Notices (CAN's) and Policy Intent Notices (PIN's)
- Access OSHPD preapproved OSP's
- Access OSHPD Forms and Applications
- Access the OSHPD Project Tracking system
- Research and/or verify certifications for Medical Gas Inspectors and Verifiers
- Anchorage and Special Seismic Certification Pre-Approvals
- Best Practices for Project Management, Design and Construction of Buildings under OSHPD Jurisdiction Manual (Reccomended, not a requirement)
- OSHPD FREER Manual (Field Reviewed Projects, Exempt Projects and Expedited Review Projects)